Last Issue of our Monthly ML4EO Market News
It is time to say goodbye to our monthly industry round-up newsletter, the ML4EO Market News. We’ve covered a lot of ground over the last five years. Since our first newsletter in February 2018, we have surveyed our community to find the most impactful and useful insights about the state of machine learning and Earth observation. The truth is that our community has outgrown just one newsletter, and we simply can’t do it justice in its current form. While we will no longer be compiling monthly industry round-ups, we will be back again with a new newsletter focused on expanding access to geospatial data and machine learning models.
Producing these newsletters has always been a collaborative effort, and we are grateful for the engagement of our readers. We’re so grateful that we’ve decided to list many of them in this list of resources that we’ve curated to help you stay in the loop and ahead of the curve:
Websites / Blogs / Publications
These are a good start for a comprehensive overview of the latest news and trends.
- Radiant Earth Blog
- Geospatial World
- NASA EarthData
- NASA Harvest
- Satellite Image Deep Learning
- Sisters of SAR
- Spatial Thoughts
- Spectral Reflectance
- Towards Data Science
- Radiant MLHub
- Registry of Open Data on AWS
- Awesome Remote Sensing Change Detection
- Microsoft Planetary Computer Data Catalog
These podcasts and videos are a great way to stay informed and get to know people in our community.
Organizations / Associations
These organizations offer valuable resources such as newsletters, webinars, training, and networking opportunities.
- AI for Good
- Belize GEO
- Climate Change AI
- Digital Earth Africa
- Open Geospatial Consortium
Influencers on social media
Follow industry experts and thought leaders on social for the latest insights and analysis, or sign up for their newsletters.
- Abdishakur: https://twitter.com/shakasom
- Catherine Nakalembe: https://twitter.com/CLNakalembe
- Hamed Alemohammad: https://twitter.com/HamedAlemo
- Jed Sundwall: https://twitter.com/jedsundwall
- Joe Morrison: https://twitter.com/mouthofmorrison
- Justin Braaten: https://twitter.com/jstnbraaten
- Maurício Cordeiro: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cordmaur/
- Morgan Crowley: https://twitter.com/morganahcrowley
- Qiusheng Wu: https://twitter.com/giswqs
- Robin Cole: https://twitter.com/robmarkcole
- Zhuang-Fang NaNa Yi: https://twitter.com/geonanayi
Cloud-native Geospatial on social media
Follow these social channels to keep up to date with standards designed to build and run geospatial applications and data processing workflows in a cloud computing environment.
- STAC Spec: https://twitter.com/STACspec
- STAC Index: https://twitter.com/stacindex
- Cloud-optimized GeoTIFF GeoTIFF https://twitter.com/cogeotiff
- ZARR: https://twitter.com/zarr_dev
- Chris Holmes: https://twitter.com/opencholmes
- Matthias Mohr: https://twitter.com/matthmohr
- Matthew Hanson: https://twitter.com/GeoSkeptic
- Phil Varner: https://twitter.com/PhilVarnerGeo
- Geospatial jobs list curated by Ali Ahmadalipour
We hope this list of resources helps you stay informed and up to date. We’re also painfully aware that we’ve omitted people who should certainly be on this list. It’s a very good thing that there are too many resources for us to capture here.
Thank you for joining us on this journey. Until next time…
If you haven’t already, enter your email address in the form below to receive updates from us in the future